Dr Shivanand Sheth graduated from Medicine at Mumbai, India in 2007. He completed his ophthalmology training from BYL Nair Charitable Hospital and Topiwala National Medical College, one of the premier tertiary training hospitals in Mumbai. Here he gained invaluable surgical experience in basic and complex eye surgeries.
He completed international fellowships in paediatric ophthalmology, strabismus and neuro-ophthalmology which include:
• Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) fellowship at the LV Prasad Eye Hospital, Hyderabad, India
• Visual Electrophysiology Training at LV Prasad Eye Hospital, Hyderabad, India
• Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus fellowship with the All India Collegium of Ophthalmology
• Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus ICO fellowship at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
• Paediatric Ophthalmology fellowship at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne
• Ocular Motility and Neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne
Dr. Sheth regularly presents at international ophthalmology conferences and has published in international ophthalmology journals. He is also the recipient of the International Scholar Award and International Ophthalmologist Education Award by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and the McCartney Prize by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, UK. He was awarded the fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO) in 2016.
He is frequently invited to speak at conferences and has delivered lectures for General Practitioners (GPs), Optometrists at the Australian College of Optometry (ACO) and Orthoptists at Orthoptics Australia, along with regular tutorials for training ophthalmologists. He is also involved in clinical and surgical training of junior doctors, ophthalmology registrars and fellows, along with mentoring medical students.
Dr Sheth is a paediatric ophthalmologist at The Royal Children’s Hospital. He also has appointments to the Ocular Motility (squint) and Neuro-ophthalmology clinics at The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
His expertise covers most areas of paediatric ophthalmology, paediatric and adult strabismus and paediatric and adult neuro-ophthalmology.