IMPORTANT UPDATE 22/9/21
All carers and patients must enter via RCH main entrance to undergo health screening prior to coming to our clinic for scheduled appointment.
Our highest priority is the health and safety of both our patients and staff. For further information about exposure sites, please visit: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
ONLY ONE PARENT TO ATTEND, NO SIBLINGS
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF UNWELL
HEALTH CHECK-IN AT RCH PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT OUR ROOMS
Find us at: Level 4, 48 Flemington Rd, Parkville VIC 3052 View Map
Phone: (03) 9345 6266
Assoc Prof Elder, Dr Ruddle, Dr Anu Mathew & Dr Shivanand Sheth, provide a wide range of surgical treatments for paediatric eye disorders including:
• Ptosis & other eyelid disorders
• Lacrimal obstruction
• Limbal & periocular dermoids
The following diagnostic equipment is available on site
• Automated & manual perimetry to assess periphery visual fields
• Fundus photography to diagnose & document optic nerve and retinal disease
• Optical coherence tomography (OCT) to aid in the diagnosis of retinal and optic nerve disease
• IOL Master for ocular biometry prior to cataract surgery in older children
For electro-diagnostic investigation (ERG, EOG & VER) referral is made to the Electro-diagnostic Service at the Department of Ophthalmology at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
For imaging (ultrasound, CT scan & MRI scan) referral is usually made to the Department of Medical Imaging at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
For most patients this involves assessment both by our ophthalmologists and orthoptists.
• Obtaining of a comprehensive medical and ophthalmic history
• A thorough assessment of visual function
• Assessment of binocular function
• Examination of the eyes to determine the state of ocular health
For new patient’s this almost always involves dilation of the pupils with eye drops and the total appointment time can be 1-2 hours.
(click the heading above for more information)