DUE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC – TO KEEP OUR STAFF SAFE:
- ALL PATIENTS OVER 8 MUST WEAR A FACE MASK
- ALL PATIENTS UNDER 8 SHOULD WEAR A FACE MASK IF POSSIBLE
- WE ASK ONLY ONE PARENT TO ATTEND, NO SIBLINGS PERMITTED
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF UNWELL
Because appointments are booked often months in advance please follow the process below:
- Ask your GP, specialist or optometrist to provide you with a referral or ask your GP, specialist or optometrist to send us your referral.
- Complete the Online Appointment Form below. If successful your appointment will be confirmed by our reception staff within 5 days.
- Once your appointment has been confirmed please complete the New Patient Details Form here.
- If a Telehealth appointment is required please see the Telehealth section below.
If you have any questions related to booking normal appointments please contact us.
Phone: (03) 9345 6266
Fax: (03) 9454 9398
Online Appointment Request
Examining young children’s eyes successfully can take time and patience. Please allow 1.5 to 2 hours for your child’s eye examination. Please bring a book, toys or devices to keep your child entertained while waiting. Due to the pandemic we have removed all shared toys from our waiting room.
- Medicare card
- Patient registration form
- List of medical problems and current medications
- Payment card
After check in with the reception staff, one of our friendly orthoptists will check your child’s vision and ocular alignment along with other basic tests such as 3D tests.
Dilating eye drops are usually instilled to dilate your child’s pupil after the orthoptist completes their assessment.
Dilating eye drops are important for the doctor to perform comprehensive check of your child’s refractive errors and internal eye health check.
Please see below video for an idea on what to expect:
For children unable to come in to see us due to covid restrictions or who are interstate we also offer telehealth consultations with one of our doctors where suitable. After your first appointment follow-up appointments via telehealth may be possible.
If you have a confirmed Telehealth appointment, please upload the photos and visual acuity below for doctor to review as per instructions emailed to you.
How to prepare for you Telehealth appointment
Telehealth Upload Form
Our practice has expertise in tele-ophthalmology, conducted over secure video communication. This increases safety in pandemic times, and for those travelling long distances may save much travel time and effort. Either your doctor will suggest this option, or please ask if you are suitable.
Prior to the appointment our team will be in touch to provide age appropriate vision testing material to you at home, and coaching on performing the test.